Just a quick question.

Joined Aug 29, 2020
I see these baking shows, where they have to do cupcakes and the such. I just have a deliciously great cupcake, but I'm not sure it can be done. Can you make a melted chocolate cake inside of a cupcake cup? I go on Carnival Cruises and have this delicious Melted Chocolate cake. But, Can it be put in a cup? I am 100% certain, if you can make that into a cupcake, with icing, or frosting... some creative flair.. it would win one of these cupcake contests.

Joined Oct 2, 2016
Hello, I would try this:
In the absence of contributions I suggest you this, probably that other participants will have more relevant opinions.
I make a chocolate ganache with the perfect density at room temperature (or chocolate spread like nutella ...), I pour into a mold, put everything in the freezer.
Just before baking, pass the ball through starch then insert it frozen into the dough in the right place.
Have funn

Joined Feb 23, 2020
I see these baking shows, where they have to do cupcakes and the such. I just have a deliciously great cupcake, but I'm not sure it can be done. Can you make a melted chocolate cake inside of a cupcake cup? I go on Carnival Cruises and have this delicious Melted Chocolate cake. But, Can it be put in a cup? I am 100% certain, if you can make that into a cupcake, with icing, or frosting... some creative flair.. it would win one of these cupcake contests.
Once i had tried baked alaska cupcakes, with ice cream inside of them and italian meringue frosting (no butter included). You just scoop some of the moist chocolate cupcake and put ice-cream inside. The moister the better to be freezed i guess. Your imagination is only the limit!

Joined Sep 17, 2018
I'm pretty sure they make a cup cake pan with a raised portion to hollow out the center to add fillings.

Joined Oct 9, 2020
I know I'm a little late to this thread, but I see your plan only working if you're gonna serve it immediately. One time I made a chocolate lava cake for a friend's birthday a day before, and when we went to slice, the gooeyness was gone. It was more sludgy because the cake continued to cook when it was out of the oven but left uncut to let the heat out.

If you pipe buttercream on top of hot cake it's gonna melt off, so you definitely need the cake to be room temperature for this to work. I highly suggest you cheat and make a tiny ganache ball to insert into your cake which will melt into the lava and not set up once cooled.

Top Bottom