Juicy Lucy??

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by april phripp, Apr 15, 2014.

1. april phripp

april phripp

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
      Well i have been an a burger kick as of late and have been having quite a hard time gettin the "juicy lucy"  to NOT seperate in the middle while i cook it!!  

does anyone out there have any tips ? i usualy use just lean ground beef, some crackers, and 1 egg and its driving me bonkers!! 

Thanks!!

2. gingersoup87

gingersoup87

Exp:
    At home cook
    Wow you beat me to posting this by a couple minutes! i also have almost the exact same question!!!   but also want to know if adding any other meat to the burger mix might help??

3. cheflayne

cheflayne

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Curious as to why the crackers and egg? Also what percentage of fat is your lean ground beef? I just do patties of 75% lean ground beef that are a mix of sirloin, chuck, and brisket. Salt and pepper and nothing else.

4. pollopicu

pollopicu

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    If you add egg and breading to your ground beef, you're not making burgers, you're making meatloaf.

5. skyler

skyler

Exp:
    Home Cook
    I agree about the meatloaf...definitely no egg and crackers for burgers.  I use boneless chuck that I have the butcher grind.  I've heard that brisket makes a good burger...gotta try it.  All you really need to add is salt and pepper.      

6. gloria k

gloria k

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    I love Juicy Lucy's and make them often. This is a photo that was taken about a year ago of mine. The only thing I add to home ground Chuck is chopped jalapeno peppers on occasion. I agree if you add an egg and bread or cracker crumbs you no longer have a burger you have a meatloaf. Just pat half of your burger flat, add a nice chunk of cheddar cheese, or whatever cheese you prefer and top it with the other half of the burger. I prefer them on a charcoal grill otherwise I just make it in a cast-iron pan seared on both sides then stick in a
    450° oven for about five minutes. Absolutely delicious.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014