Jose Andres

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by zane, Aug 9, 2010.

1. zane

zane

Exp:
    Other
    Just saw 60 minutes where they did a story on this Chef...wrapping cotton candy around sea food is just one of the inventions that amazed me. Knowing very little about him he seems impressive. I assume he is a big name in the culinary world?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  2. boar_d_laze

boar_d_laze

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    HUGE name in the culinary world. 

BDL

3. shroomgirl

shroomgirl

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    I've eaten at Andres' Atlantico mini bar in DC.....vanilla cotton candy was wrapped around a small square of foie, it was wonderful.

4. chefboyarg

chefboyarg

Exp:
    Line Cook
     I have seen a couple of No Reservations with Andres in them. He just comes across as an EXTREMELY passionate and playful dude when it comes to food.

5. zane

zane

Exp:
    Other
  6. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Jose Andres had a good PBS series you could probably find online or at a library, Made in Spain. Cooks spanish cuisine and takes your around and shows you different products, regions and restaurants. Was an excellent program.

http://www.josemadeinspain.com/home.htm

7. zane

zane

Exp:
    Other
    Why does he only have 6 seats in his restaurant?

8. shroomgirl

shroomgirl

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    32 courses over 2 hours, each pretty intricate.....It was more like 8 seats

9. oldschool1982

oldschool1982

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    In all honesty, I was more than just a bit skeptical about the whole Molecular Gastronomy idea in the beginning. As with anything, it was the lack of knowledge that fueled the skepticism. Yet as I've seen more and more about it it...I am starting to not only understand things more clearly but am intrigued by the whole approach. I can't say that under current circumstances I am going to attempt things or add them to my repertoire, but if we are in DC and can plan long enough in advance........ I would definitely consider trying to get seats and like to visit the Mini Bar. But since I'm no Tony Bordaine or Anderson Cooper, I may be a great deal older and.... well....... if I had any hair....more gray before I can get a reservation. 

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  10. gonefishin

gonefishin

Exp:
    At home cook
  11. gonefishin

gonefishin

Exp:
    At home cook
       Ferran Adria

Oh NO! 
       I had hoped to eat there one day.  It looks like it's too late for me/img/vbsmilies/smilies/frown.gif.  A good friend of mine, however, is going to be in Barcelona before they close.  He's going to try and see if he can (somehow) get reservations before they close the doors.  If anyone has the means, now is the time to go.

I will be just as sad if The French Laundry closes before I get a chance to eat there.  The building has certainly been there for some time...I can only hope that the Laundry continues to serve food in the years to come.   /img/vbsmilies/smilies/redface.gif

dan

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011