John Thorne Books

Joined Sep 28, 1999
Has anyone read any of John's books (Pot on the Fire, Outlaw Cook, Serious Pig)?

Enjoy them?

thanks

Joined Oct 28, 1999
Outlaw Cook is a great read! It is inspirational and entertaining; it is written in the 'epic' style and does well to hold your interest. John Thorne is a very, very food-saavy individual. His website (www.outlawcook.com) is full of very insightful information. Serious Pig is also a well written story. He and his wife do much to keep contemporary food writing in America alive and formidable. You would do well to read any of his books.

Joined Jan 9, 2001
I am reading two of his books right now, "Serious Pig" and "Outlaw Cook," and for somebody who devours food books these have quickly become two of my favorites. I was lucky enough to discove John Thorne and his work three weeks ago in a bookstore in Cambridge. I think that he brings a certain honest, maybe folksy, and extremely thoughtful opinion and twist on all things related to gastronomy that he writes about. I highly recommend his works and his website (that I just became a member of). Highly recommended.
Enjoy!

Latest posts

Top Bottom