John Thorne Books

Discussion in 'Cookbook Reviews' started by theloggg, Jan 25, 2001.

1. theloggg

theloggg

Exp:
    Other
    Has anyone read any of John's books (Pot on the Fire, Outlaw Cook, Serious Pig)?

Enjoy them?

thanks

2. jim berman

jim berman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Outlaw Cook is a great read! It is inspirational and entertaining; it is written in the 'epic' style and does well to hold your interest. John Thorne is a very, very food-saavy individual. His website (www.outlawcook.com) is full of very insightful information. Serious Pig is also a well written story. He and his wife do much to keep contemporary food writing in America alive and formidable. You would do well to read any of his books.

3. theloggg

theloggg

Exp:
    Other
    glad to hear that. I should be getting Outlaw Cook via mail any day now. thanks

4. jim berman

jim berman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Good to hear.... please be sure to post your review!!

5. jeffk8900

jeffk8900

I am reading two of his books right now, "Serious Pig" and "Outlaw Cook," and for somebody who devours food books these have quickly become two of my favorites. I was lucky enough to discove John Thorne and his work three weeks ago in a bookstore in Cambridge. I think that he brings a certain honest, maybe folksy, and extremely thoughtful opinion and twist on all things related to gastronomy that he writes about. I highly recommend his works and his website (that I just became a member of). Highly recommended.
    Enjoy!

6. aaronproot

aaronproot

I love his books and wish he'd do a new one.