January 2017 Cooking Challenge

Joined Jan 8, 2010
While we are talking anecdotes.....

As a kid, I hated spinach and I maintained that for a long time (had something to do with my older brother not eating it)

Anyway, at univesity there was a bunch of us occupying a wing of a flat and we would alternate the cooking.

Without me knowing, she decided to cook spinach and I had already said I would be there, so I had to eat it.

She fried bacon, garlic and mushrooms, added creamed spinach and served it with pasta and to my surprise, it was very tasty.

So here is mine (slightly adjusted)

I used the mushrooms that I froze earlier this month, frozen spinach and fresh cream (and I added a fresh chili)

frying bacon, garlic (lots) and mushroom

added spinach and cream

And on my plate, it tastes a lot better than it looks

Oh, and I used a wok for cooking. Not very italian, but it works a dream /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Joined Nov 5, 2016
Ok, So the time has come for me to pick a winner.

You all have made this really difficult! So many great efforts! 

Anyway, The winner is "MillionsKnives"!

Although "Morning Glory"  did a fabulous job with her work and photography. She was a very close second. I appreciate the attention to detail and the effort to show and describe the work.

And Hank's last minute flurry of activity was impressive.

So now it's time to see what we will have for February!

Cheers,

Paul

Joined Apr 25, 2014
Wow thanks! What a responsibility!

I will spare you all mung beans because I'm trying to drive up participation in these challenges.  Gimme a few hours to think it over

Joined Jan 8, 2010
And there was me looking forward to the mungbeans /img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif

Congratulations Millionsknives !!!

Joined Aug 6, 2015
Congrats Millions!

Aww I would have gone for mung beans...or at least mung bean sprouts XD

Joined Sep 8, 2015
Well done MillionKnives!  Well deserved!   /img/vbsmilies/smilies/drinkbeer.gifCheers

Joined Oct 31, 2012
Congratulations Millionsknives! Well done. 

Looking forward to seeing what challenge you come up with. 

Joined May 28, 2015

Ok, So the time has come for me to pick a winner.

You all have made this really difficult! So many great efforts! 

Anyway, The winner is "MillionsKnives"!

Although "Morning Glory"  did a fabulous job with her work and photography. She was a very close second. I appreciate the attention to detail and the effort to show and describe the work.

And Hank's last minute flurry of activity was impressive.

So now it's time to see what we will have for February!

Cheers,

Paul
Thank you! I really appreciate your words - but @MillionsKnives  is a fantastic choice. 

Top Bottom