January 2016 Challenge, Slow Cooking

Joined Oct 23, 2008
Thank you everyone for the kind words, I am honored to be chosen in a month that had so very many great dishes submitted and what a topic for so many that are experiencing colder weather! @kaneohegirlinaz set a new bar for what it means to host this challenge! It was really great to see the level of participation that was had, a warm welcome to the new participants as well!

I was a little surprised by this.. so I am pondering what would be a fun challenge for February, @teamfat listed some great ideas, so I am going through those as well. With the long history the monthly challenge has had and so many great topics it's going to be tough! I will get something decided by this evening.

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/bounce.gif

Joined Jul 30, 2007
Sincere congratulations eastshores for not only a job well done but a passion well served. Kgirl...what a wonderful,warm and welcoming hostess you were.....so much aloha! Thank you. To everyone else who entered, brava!

joey

Of course for the 'month of love' as mimi coined it, there is always love food like chocolate and oysters...'love food' perhaps? [emoji]128152[/emoji]

Joined Jun 27, 2012
Sincere congratulations eastshores for not only a job well done but a passion well served. Kgirl...what a wonderful,warm and welcoming hostess you were.....so much aloha! Thank you. To everyone else who entered, brava!

joey

Of course for the 'month of love' as mimi coined it, there is always love food like chocolate and oysters...'love food' perhaps? [emoji]128152[/emoji]
and strawberries and bubbly.

mimi

Joined Nov 5, 2007
Besides Valentine's Day, February also has Mardi Gras, which could inspire the challange theme.

mjb.

Joined Jan 8, 2010
Curious what eastshores will come up with.
I was thinking that fast food would be a nice follower of slow cooking (or left overs, or, or, or )

Joined Nov 5, 2007
Red beans and rice was one thing I had planned for the January challenge, but never got around to making the pickle meat first.

mjb.

Joined May 23, 2013
It was a good experience putting my food out there. SO much FUN! Congrats @eastshores. Wish there was tasto-vision. Maybe you could do some aphrodisiac food challenges or a dinner for two challenge! Cooking for two is a pain...very challenging! Lol  

Joined Oct 23, 2008
You guys haven't made this much easier! So many great ideas.. I'm trying to think of something original but I keep heading toward technique. I've got about 20 minutes left to decide this in my time zone. I hope I don't disappoint you all.

Joined Jan 28, 2015
Biscuits sound good. You could also do dumplings or Irish soda bread. Yummy. I am getting hungry just thinking about it. What a great way to stay warm in cold weather.

Joined Aug 2, 2014

MMM, man!

Nate, I gotta ask ya, are these dishes that you're making at work to serve to customers or just us folk at ChefTalk?

Which ever, I'll take that!

<edit-I won't say that I live in Arizona and it was 75º the other day>
A little bit of both.  In my spare time I help out with my companies social media and online marketing, as well as develop cooking guides and how to's.  I wanted to make something slow cooked for this site and also be able to use it for work stuff as well, I made the Red Beans and Rice for a blog and facebook and stuff.  Below is the same dish I made but with a Mardi Gras theme and plating to it.  You guys, and this site have been a great inspiration.

Joined Mar 19, 2009
I forgot to compliment K-girl for a great challenge and for been such a caring hostess.

Latest posts

Top Bottom