Jacques Pépin?

Joined Dec 30, 1999
Curious about your opinions of the following:

“LA Methode” (out of print)
“LA Technique” (out of print)

(and any others by Jacques Pépin you have an opinion of)

Joined Oct 12, 1999
Yeah, I have viewed these two books also at the local library. What interested me in these books was the techniques he explored and explained. Another book of his that I have is called "The Art of Cooking" Volume I (Looking for Vol. II, but cant seem to find) a great book also. Also he has a 5 volume series of video tapes in which he explains different preparation and cooking Techniques, I enjoy watching what he teaches.

nicko

Founder of Cheftalk.com
Staff member
Joined Oct 5, 2001
Both books are excellent, does anyone have an idea of where reprinted versions might be available?

------------------
Thanks,

Nicko
ChefTalk Cafe Administrator
[email protected]
www.cheftalk.com "A food lover's link to professional chefs!"

Joined Jul 31, 2000
I bought La Technique in 1976 when it first came out. The next year I went to J&W I believe in part because of Pepins book.
I always loved what he said in this book
To the Chefs.
Who sweat to create friendliness and cordiality among men. Although it is a little outdated there are some things that remain the same. How to french a chicken.how to bone out a leg of veal,how to french a lamb rack. That is why it is titled La Technique. Nicko Have you tried sourcing through your local Library?
cc

Joined Aug 23, 2000
La Technique is listed for sale at www.alibris.com but before you get your hopes up the price is -- are you sitting down? -- $127. Softcover. You can pick up the 2-volume The Art of Cooking for the low low price of $1,188 (cough cough).

Although if you were a pro it's cheaper than culinary school.

[This message has been edited by Live_to_cook (edited 12-16-2000).]

Joined May 29, 1999
Hey gang, this is a great source for out of prints and Bonnie is a wealth of knowledge herself!!!

Bonnie Slotnick: Cookbooks
PMB G27
332 Bleecker St.
New York, NY 10014
(this is the mailing address; the shop is at 163 West Tenth St.)
ph.212-989-8962
fax 212-989-8102
[email protected]

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
Jacques Pepin's La Technique is being reedited. Should be on this month.

Top Bottom