J Lohr Chardonnay

Joined Jul 2, 2001
I usually don't drink alot of white wine for alot of reasons but mainly that I prefer reds so I was pleastantly surprised by how much I liked the J Lohr Chardonnay. Being as they are in Paso Robles they make a great Cabernet but alot of paso chardonnays are a bit too grassy for my tastes. They get their fruit from Monterey which explains the great fruit flavors of this wine. Just a hint of oak and buttery finish. All in all a great bottle of wine. In fact I think I'll have another bottle tonight.

Joined Jul 31, 2000
Fodigger,

I have always enjoyed J Lohr Chardonnays, I find the toasty sweet oak and tropical fruit layered with citrus undertones to be very pleasant. J Lohr has kept there Montery chard price user friendly as well.
There reserve chard (arroya I think?) is also excellent. How about meridian Mike,how do you feel about there chard?
cc

Joined Jul 2, 2001
CC I'm not a big fan of Meriden wines in general although their price point is quite attractive mid 5 dollar range on a 5 cs. deal so I blow them out from time to time. They use alot of Santa Maria Grapes and I generally like their flavor but w/ Meriden I pick up glassy flavor at least last yrs vintage. I have heard that this yrs is much better but I've yet to try it. In fact my salesman gave me a double magnam that sets on the floor of my office maybe I'll crack it over the week-end.Mike

Top Bottom