It's nice to have good friends

Joined Jul 13, 2012
As guys who cook my friends and I share ingredients, recipes, hardware, etc. So I was talking to my friend Tom at the brewery this weekend and besides it being "hop fest" Saturday he asks me if I want some chanterelles. Apparently on his property they are growing like crazy this year. So he brings me a huge bag of them -

AM-JKLVmFQMyoePfgwkupgr-Bwz6lXnQpkpDioTkLMJ7GC0dFqUOhgf2ubTLC0cxpnAJvxCw3_uyxk8clCPihRsvSoyRruALI780fs2hmfwR2sEjsTndR9Dewaf4P_IXBlYSpMMLUAl35oBor5RSv8rqHSIp=w787-h1048-no

Now last week I made mushroom soup from golden oyster mushrooms from our land and criminis. Looks like I'm making either more soup, or maybe a mushroom quiche. Either way it's going to be good.

Joined Jul 15, 2020
As guys who cook my friends and I share ingredients, recipes, hardware, etc. So I was talking to my friend Tom at the brewery this weekend and besides it being "hop fest" Saturday he asks me if I want some chanterelles. Apparently on his property they are growing like crazy this year. So he brings me a huge bag of them -

AM-JKLVmFQMyoePfgwkupgr-Bwz6lXnQpkpDioTkLMJ7GC0dFqUOhgf2ubTLC0cxpnAJvxCw3_uyxk8clCPihRsvSoyRruALI780fs2hmfwR2sEjsTndR9Dewaf4P_IXBlYSpMMLUAl35oBor5RSv8rqHSIp=w787-h1048-no

Now last week I made mushroom soup from golden oyster mushrooms from our land and criminis. Looks like I'm making either more soup, or maybe a mushroom quiche. Either way it's going to be good.
I'm partial to just sauteeing chanterelles simply with butter. They have so many wonderful fat soluble flavours!

My favourite little produce stand got some in when I was on vacation a couple weeks ago and this is how I used mine:
PXL_20210816_033415351.jpg
My own personal take on the Troisgros' and French Laundry classics, Cote de Boeuf au Fleurie and Yabba Dabba Do respectively.

Cote de Boeuf with a Dried Chanterelle and Cornas Bordelaise Sauce, Gratin D'Auvergnat, and the Fresh Golden Chanterelles sauteed in Butter!

Top Bottom