It's my first time, so be gentle

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by wildcat chef, Oct 21, 2001.

1. wildcat chef

wildcat chef

I'm new to this, so have a little patience, please. I can't believe I've been in the business for almost 7 years and have basically done it all "on my own." Not any more!

My question pertains to a new career path that I am considering. I'm interested in becoming a private chef, stateside or overseas, and not quite sure where to start. I religiosly check the job sites on the net, but the pickins are slim. I've worked in a lot of different culinary areas...restaurant, club, corporate foodservice, food stylist, catering, and television appearances.

I currently reside in central Illinois, and not quite sure where to go with this. Any advice?:chef:

2. isa

isa

Welcome to Chef Talk Wildcat Chef!

Nice to meet you.

3. pollyg

pollyg

Hi there Wildcat Chef, i'll be reading the responses to this post carefully b/c i have been thinking of personal cheffing aswell, but haven't found much info beyond sending out flyers in my area.
    America has a national private chefs association, i'll try to find the link for you.
    Good luck and welcome.

4. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Welcome Wildcat Chef,

There are quite a number of posts on private cheffing in the Catering forum. I would suggest doing a search to see what you find.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

5. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Just wanted to welcome you Wildcat!!

As Nicko said there is great info to be had on cheftalk
    Once again, welcome
    cc

6. wildcat chef

wildcat chef

Isa, PollyG, Nicko, Cape Chef;

Thanks for the welcome! I can't believe I've been doing this on my own for the past six years...this is great!

I've checked the archives for info on personal cheffing. Lots of good info! Not sure what I should do yet.

Looking forward to plenty of discussions. :D

Rick

7. hubuk

hubuk

Exp:
    At home cook