its my b day tomorrow and i need ideas...

Discussion in 'The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)' started by corey gatto, Mar 10, 2010.

1. corey gatto

corey gatto

Exp:
    Line Cook
    tomorrow (march 11) is my bday and my fam is still big on presents so i am wondering what i should ask for ? i already said  the CIA book  does anyone have any good ideas????????

2. gunnar

gunnar

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Do you have an immersion blender? a proper blender? a pizza stone? super fancy remote meat thermometer with matching platinum case? Basting injector? yer own set of whites (or blacks)? The North American Guide to South American Cooking? (don't get it, all it says is add cilantro and lime juice, besides I made it up/img/vbsmilies/smilies/tongue.gif)  Rice Cooker? sushi mat? Rolling Pin? (actually found out I lost mine) nice thick piece of marble for chocolate work? A really nice crock pot ( I love my new one, removable ceramic bowl, nice and thick, retains heat well)  Larousse Gastronomique?

3. corey gatto

corey gatto

Exp:
    Line Cook
    i want the marble and cok books mostly julia child and italian cook books i am biased b/c of my italian heratage

4. gunnar

gunnar

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    lol, well, Happy Birthday! and go tell your relatives. I ain't buying your marble slab for you, just glad to spout out ideas, my birthday is next month and I almost never have ideas in mind for what i want.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  5. missyjean

missyjean

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Happy Birthday Corey Gatto! I  hope you have a wonderful day [​IMG]

6. gunnar

gunnar

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    if it helps I got my piece of marble from a junk store. it used to be the top of a large dresser that was almost worthless due to its condition