It's Margarita-thirty!!

Joined Jul 30, 2000
It will be summertime soon, so ??
OK, who's got the best Margarita recipe ??

One that works OK for me ....

1 1/4 oz. Herradura Blanco, or
El Cabrito,
Don Julio,
Corralejo

1 oz. Cointreau (or Grand Marnier)

1 1/2 oz. fresh squeezed lime juice

Shaken, on-the-rocks, no salt. :D

[ April 12, 2001: Message edited by: Bayou ]

[ April 12, 2001: Message edited by: Bayou ]

Joined Mar 13, 2001
The magic formula is:

2 ounces each:
fresh lime juice
white tequila
Triple Sec or Cointreau
8 ice cubes, 1-1/4 inch size (making about 1 cup in a quart measure)

Whiz the thing into a blender and voilà!

Don't forget the traditional ring of salt around the rims of the glasses.

:rolleyes:

Joined Nov 5, 2000
I really like the Top Shelf (with Gran Marnier and Tequila Gold)...haven't had one for ages..yummmm...so everyone, blended or on the rocks?

Joined Jul 30, 2000
"One should drink what one enjoys."

However - can we agree that what some call a Frozen Margarita might better be called a Tequila Dacqari (sorry for the spelling.) ??

Can we live with "Margaritas" meaning on-the-rocks"?

Joined Mar 13, 2001
You're cracking me up LOL

Went to get some Cointreau today...already have the tequila...

:D

pete

Staff member
Joined Oct 7, 2001
I haven't been on here for a few days and had to laugh when I saw this thread. I was out last night drinking margaritas. Overdid it a little and was thinking that it would be a little while before I had another, but after reading this I am ready for one right now!!!! Guess I will have to pull out the shaker and get shaking. :D :D :D

Joined Mar 13, 2001
How about a Frozen Margarita!

Here's how

For the simple syrup
1 cup water
1 cup granulated sugar

2 fl. oz. white tequila
2 Tbs. Triple Sec
2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
1 cup ice cubes

To make the simple syrup, bring the water to a simmer in a saucepan set over medium-high heat. Add the sugar and stir until it completely dissolves. Remove the pan from the heat. Set aside to cool to room temperature. Pour the syrup into a clean 1-pint bottle, cap it and refrigerate until needed.

Pour the tequila, triple sec, lime juice and 1 tsp. of the syrup into a blender containing the ice cubes. Blend well. Pour into a chilled margarita glass or wineglass. Serves 1

njoy
:p

Joined Nov 15, 2000
Tequila is always my first choice and margarita,frozen or on the rocks sounds wonderful. I think when we go out Friday I will forego my Tequila Sunrise and substitute a margarita on the rocks.
SeattleDeb, Grand Mariner is such a great idea. I will certainly give that a try. All the other recipes and this day has just turned to a sunny beautiful 59F, I may not wait until Friday, after all I am having Chicken Fajita for dinner tonight with some refried beans. What goes better with that than a pitcher of margaritas? :cool: :D
Thanks!

Joined Mar 13, 2001
Here's another one:

BLUE MARGARITA
Serves 2

1 teaspoon coarse salt
1 lime, cut into wedges
4 ounces tequila
1 ounce Triple Sec liqueur
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 ounces blue Curaçao
1 teaspoon superfine sugar
2 1/4-inch slices of star fruit, for garnish

1. Pour the salt into a shallow dish big enough to incorporate the rim of one of the glasses you are using. Using one lime wedge per glass, rub the rim of each glass, and then dip the rim in the salt and rotate gently, covering evenly. Set the glasses aside.

2. Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Place the tequila, Triple Sec, lime juice, blue curaçao, and sugar in the shaker, and shake hard for 30 seconds. Fill the prepared glasses with ice cubes. Strain the margarita into the glasses. Garnish each with a slice of star fruit or a lime wedge.

:cool:

Joined Nov 5, 2000
Went out for Vietnamese cuisine today (had fantastic spring rolls)...and tonight, I think it's the wonderful strawberries I bought and maybe it's time for a margarita..the weather in Seattle today is just fantastic...about to go sit under my trees and read.

Joined Jul 30, 2000
SeattleDeb, hope you enjoy your chill time.

I can't imagine NOT relaxing (sorry for the double negative (not really)) with a well made Margarita.

Joined Mar 13, 2001
Strawberry margarita anyone??

Used to have them at ChiChis but they went bankrupt up here :(

Who has a recipe?

Top Bottom