It's Gonna Be A Hot One!!

Joined Apr 24, 2011
WHOWEEE!!

June 1[sup]st[/sup] was our first triple digit day!!

Yes siree Bob

It’s fixin’ to be one hot Summer!

Great for the Pool

How ‘bout where you at  What’s it like?

Joined Jan 8, 2010
1200 km north of Johannesburg, South Africa

Winter has started, sun is shining.

Day time temperature 85 F , night temperature 60 F

Joined Jul 30, 2007
does snow count? i'll send you some...still chopping wood and building fires here boss!...now we have smoke

filled air from the arizona, new mexico fires...but when we do get a peak of the mountains, they are still awe inspiring and majestic andalthough i loved my experience at the ranch this winter, i am really happy to be home....why doncha come up for a quick visit kgirl when the weather really starts to really warm up there? you're only about 8 hours away....last night coming home at midnight temp was 51, perfect sleeping weather

joey

Last edited:
Joined Jan 23, 2011
WHOWEEE!!

June 1[sup]st[/sup] was our first triple digit day!!

Yes siree Bob

It’s fixin’ to be one hot Summer!

Great for the Pool

How ‘bout where you at  What’s it like?

Lucky me, I'm in a place that averages 7-10 degrees hotter than where you are and I'm only 2 hours north of you!  LOL

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Originally Posted by Longcolts  
Lucky me, I'm in a place that averages 7-10 degrees hotter than where you are and I'm only 2 hours north of you!  LOL

HOWDY DOODY!!

We got to 103° today!  First we have our 100 year freeze, now...

Maybe I should also take notice better where people are, didn't see that one, Mesa... Aloha!

Joined Apr 30, 2010
Mid 90's here in E. Tn which means heat + humidity = miserable

I have also been working outside most of this last week which means that I look like a lobster, I'm so sun burnt I think I'm starting to glow in the dark!!!

Joined Apr 24, 2011
oh no... humidity... left that behind me.  When we went home last June for our nieces wedding, OMG!!  I thought I was gonna DIE!  You'd never know I lived in that all my life until 4 years ago, JEEZZZ!

Joined Apr 3, 2010
Here in South Florida its already in the mid ninties. This is a slight bit above average . If it goes into the low 70s here its a cold wave. Sometime I get into my car after its parked outside a while, and its 111. You have to leave door open a while, then get in. If you have leather seats you could burn your legs sometimes if wearing shorts. 

Then again if it were not for Air Conditioning and a Mouse named Mickey there would not be a Florida.

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Originally Posted by chefedb   
         Then again if it were not for Air Conditioning and a Mouse named Mickey there would not be a Florida.
My husband was just saying something similar about Arizona [coughing from so much smoke]                                                                                      

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif

Joined Apr 24, 2011
and a big ...

AAA - LO- HAAA!!!

To you as well Longcolts up in Mesa Arizona, stay cool!!

(wish I was here)

Last edited:
Joined Jan 23, 2011
Here in South Florida its already in the mid ninties. This is a slight bit above average . If it goes into the low 70s here its a cold wave. Sometime I get into my car after its parked outside a while, and its 111. You have to leave door open a while, then get in. If you have leather seats you could burn your legs sometimes if wearing shorts. 

You have it easy!  Here in Arizona, temps inside a vehicle can reach as high as 175 degrees.  I've actually seen a windshield blown out from the heat inside the car.  Oh and I'm a survivor of the hottest day in modern record in the Phoenix area.  It was 122 degrees.  Balmy weather don't ya think?  lol

Joined Apr 3, 2010
True but we have something you do not . It's called  HUMIDITY and it's murder Arizona is dry heat, we braise you roast.

Joined Apr 3, 2010
Here is one for everyone.  About 10 years ago we had a food poisening outbreak in a very good seafood rest in West Palm Beach.. About 60 guest were infected after eating on a  Saturday night. No employees were affected?

.They all ate different things from the menu  Our health dept could not figure it out.. Some of us did.. On every guest table there was a shaker of dry housemade  MOJO spice.  Every night at closing the A/C unit was turned to a higher setting. Moisture therefore condensed inside the shaker getting the spice slightly wet and ideal for mold growth.

The staff sat at a counter in another section of the place with no mojo on tables when they took their breaks and ate. This was cause of violent poisonings with many people in hospital for up to a week ,in particular seniors and kids.

The place closed and then reopened but was never the same .It finally filed a chapter 11. Just shows you no matter how careful, you can never be to careful. We  had another  one, also years ago at the famous Breakerss Hotel in Palm Beach  which they managed to confine to a small spot in newspapers. Gravlox, which was not done correctly was the culprit,. People were spread out on the lawn, and were affected almost right away, a lot of ambulances

Joined Jul 28, 2001
Triple digits today.

Replacing roof from hail storm.

Thank goodness our clay is drying out. Cutting the lawn is less bumpy. You can now push the whole mower down in and out of the cracks.

One more big hail and rain and my foundation should be sufficiently settled in my neighbors yard to eliminate my tax.

Latest posts

Top Bottom