It's Gonna Be A Hot One!!

Discussion in 'The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)' started by kaneohegirlinaz, Jun 4, 2011.

1. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    WHOWEEE!!

June 1st was our first triple digit day!!

Yes siree Bob

It’s fixin’ to be one hot Summer!

Great for the Pool

How ‘bout where you at  What’s it like?

2. petemccracken

petemccracken

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hm, halfway between Bakersfield and Fresno, it is 73°F @ 4:30 pm, absolutely delightful!

3. chefbuba

chefbuba

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    100 miles East of Seattle, 71°, light wind, still in the low 40's at night.

4. butzy

butzy

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    1200 km north of Johannesburg, South Africa

Winter has started, sun is shining.

Day time temperature 85 F , night temperature 60 F

5. chefross

chefross

Exp:
    Former Chef
    It's June the 4th and I have the heat on still.......U.P. here

6. durangojo

durangojo

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    does snow count? i'll send you some...still chopping wood and building fires here boss!...now we have smoke

filled air from the arizona, new mexico fires...but when we do get a peak of the mountains, they are still awe inspiring and majestic andalthough i loved my experience at the ranch this winter, i am really happy to be home....why doncha come up for a quick visit kgirl when the weather really starts to really warm up there? you're only about 8 hours away....last night coming home at midnight temp was 51, perfect sleeping weather

joey

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  7. longcolts

longcolts

Exp:
    At home cook

Lucky me, I'm in a place that averages 7-10 degrees hotter than where you are and I'm only 2 hours north of you!  LOL

8. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food

9. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    .. and Joey..

planning a trip through Colorado again for my b-day in july...

is it still as nice there in July?

10. highlander01

highlander01

Exp:
    Other
    Mid 90's here in E. Tn which means heat + humidity = miserable

I have also been working outside most of this last week which means that I look like a lobster, I'm so sun burnt I think I'm starting to glow in the dark!!!

11. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    oh no... humidity... left that behind me.  When we went home last June for our nieces wedding, OMG!!  I thought I was gonna DIE!  You'd never know I lived in that all my life until 4 years ago, JEEZZZ!

12. longcolts

longcolts

Exp:
    At home cook
    In response to your Aloha, I'll give you back a big Howdy!  :p

13. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Here in South Florida its already in the mid ninties. This is a slight bit above average . If it goes into the low 70s here its a cold wave. Sometime I get into my car after its parked outside a while, and its 111. You have to leave door open a while, then get in. If you have leather seats you could burn your legs sometimes if wearing shorts. 

Then again if it were not for Air Conditioning and a Mouse named Mickey there would not be a Florida.

14. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    My husband was just saying something similar about Arizona [coughing from so much smoke]                                                                                      

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif

15. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    and a big ...

AAA - LO- HAAA!!!

To you as well Longcolts up in Mesa Arizona, stay cool!!

(wish I was here)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  16. longcolts

longcolts

Exp:
    At home cook

You have it easy!  Here in Arizona, temps inside a vehicle can reach as high as 175 degrees.  I've actually seen a windshield blown out from the heat inside the car.  Oh and I'm a survivor of the hottest day in modern record in the Phoenix area.  It was 122 degrees.  Balmy weather don't ya think?  lol

17. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    True but we have something you do not . It's called  HUMIDITY and it's murder Arizona is dry heat, we braise you roast.

18. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Here is one for everyone.  About 10 years ago we had a food poisening outbreak in a very good seafood rest in West Palm Beach.. About 60 guest were infected after eating on a  Saturday night. No employees were affected?

.They all ate different things from the menu  Our health dept could not figure it out.. Some of us did.. On every guest table there was a shaker of dry housemade  MOJO spice.  Every night at closing the A/C unit was turned to a higher setting. Moisture therefore condensed inside the shaker getting the spice slightly wet and ideal for mold growth.

The staff sat at a counter in another section of the place with no mojo on tables when they took their breaks and ate. This was cause of violent poisonings with many people in hospital for up to a week ,in particular seniors and kids.

The place closed and then reopened but was never the same .It finally filed a chapter 11. Just shows you no matter how careful, you can never be to careful. We  had another  one, also years ago at the famous Breakerss Hotel in Palm Beach  which they managed to confine to a small spot in newspapers. Gravlox, which was not done correctly was the culprit,. People were spread out on the lawn, and were affected almost right away, a lot of ambulances

19. panini

panini

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Triple digits today.

Replacing roof from hail storm.

Thank goodness our clay is drying out. Cutting the lawn is less bumpy. You can now push the whole mower down in and out of the cracks.

One more big hail and rain and my foundation should be sufficiently settled in my neighbors yard to eliminate my tax.

20. longcolts

longcolts

Exp:
    At home cook

You have a point, well played Sir!  :)