It's Back

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by catciao, Aug 6, 2002.

1. catciao

catciao

Hi everyone, I've been away for a bit but found my way back. I recently went to the bookstore to find some new food magazines to read and came across the "second" charter issue of EatingWell magazine. Apparently the mag was shut down due to lack of major advertisers years ago and now IT'S BACK. Sans ads!! I don't think I've ever read a food/health magazine that didn't have an ad in it before. Actually, it was great. Just thought I'd pass this on in case anyone else was interested.

EatingWell Magazine

Ciao!

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Great to see you again, Catciao! And thanks for the link.

I believe Cook's just had a lot of coverage because they, too, do not accept ads- only funds from sales and subscriptions. I hope this is a new trend!

3. chiffonade

chiffonade

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Yes, I remember the original Eating Well! I always liked it but had to sacrifice it to the gods of budgeting some years ago. It really was an excellent mag, although I don't know how "low cal" a lot of the recipes actually were.

4. suzanne

suzanne

Exp:
    Food Editor
    Yes: cleaning/sorting the towers of paper on my desk today, I found an article by Florence Fabricant from the "Dining In/Dining Out" section of the NY Times on July 24, 2002. According to the article, James M. Lawrence, the original founder, brought it back as a quarterly, with many of the original editors. Staff members include Ken Haedrich and Diana Kochilas, and the recipes are described as "user-friendly."

According to the article, single copies are $4.95 and it is available on the web at http://eatingwell.com