It's all about me :-)

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by havemycake, May 8, 2003.

1. havemycake

havemycake

Hello there!
    I registered on this forum weeks ago and I haven't even spent much time lurking let alone posting an introduction. Job searching has a way of sucking up time!

I'm basically an avid baker (hobbyist,not pro). I began somewhere in childhood and haven't seen reason to give it up. I love sweets (especially cake) and my family and friends have been an appreciative audience (read: guinea pigs) for about 20 years now.

When I worked part time, I often spent my day off creating some new dessert but alas, real life has since taken over, leaving me little time for sweet experiments. I have now decided to get more into writing and recipe development. I paid for that English Lit. degree and by golly it's going to work for me!

So that's me in a nutshell.... More later, I'm sure. ;)

2. jim berman

jim berman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Welcome aboard. There are several budding writers on Chef Talk, so there should be plenty for you to discuss. Glad you found us!
    -Jim

3. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    We're glad you found us! The people here are happy to have food-lovers on board, whether pro or amateur (like both of us!). Please make yourself at home, havemycake!

Mezzaluna

4. isa

isa

Welcome to Chef Talk!

Where in Canada are you located?

5. havemycake

havemycake

Montreal.:) And yourself?

6. isa

isa

I'm also in Montreal, in Cote des neiges. You?

7. havemycake

havemycake

wow! I'm in Pointe-Claire! This Internet thing makes the world smaller and smaller.......:)

8. isa

isa

Indeed it does. I often go to Pointe Claire, I love the fabric shop on Lakeshore and I won't even start with the cookware shops in the area.

9. momoreg

momoreg

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    I guess you two can experiment on each other now! Nice to meet you, Havemycake. I look forward to chatting with you in the pastry forums.

10. havemycake

havemycake

Yup, guinea pigs! My brother in law would be quite sad to lose first dibs on my experiments.:cry: