It's a Pleasure.

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by laroux, Apr 3, 2016.

1. laroux

laroux

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hello Cheftalk community,

I'm LaRoux and I've always been able to appreciate the culinary arts, it's been a interest for a long time and I've discovered in the last year and a half it has been come somewhat of a passion. A bit of a late starter at 38 years of age, however, I am looking to take cooking a bit more seriously and looking forward to learning whatever I can.

It's a pleasure to be here among you, thank you for having me.

All the best,

— LaRoux

2. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Welcome LaRoux. When you say you are looking to take cooking more seriously do you mean cook professionally? If so I always give people the same advice. A love for cooking and a love for cooking professionally are two different worlds. If you are thinking of going the pro route then work in a few different environments first such as a catering company, bakeshop, restaurant. Even just for 2-3 months to get a feel for what they are about. Do this before signing all of your savings to attend a culinary school. Most of the people I went to culinary school with (myself included) eventually left the industry because it can be a very tough life.