Italian recipe

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by sidediva, Mar 14, 2019.

1. sidediva

sidediva

Exp:
    At home cook
    F6C2EE80-426E-4481-BF96-01E5D870ED05.jpeg F6C2EE80-426E-4481-BF96-01E5D870ED05.jpeg Does anyone have recipe for Ansogno bread? We buy it on Arthur Ave in the Bronx ,NY. It is sold in the shape of a ring filled Will some chopped prosciutto. So Yummy would love to make at home.

2. sgsvirgil

sgsvirgil

Exp:
    Retired Owner/Operator
    Are you sure you're getting the name right? "Ansogno" is not a word that exists in the Italian language. There's "un sogno" which translates as "a dream."

At any rate, what you are showing in your pictures is not uncommon or hard to make. Its simply Italian bread dough with prosciutto mixed in to the dough and twisted into a ring. Just make the Italian bread dough. Any good recipe will do.....flour, water, salt, yeast etc.....add some prosciutto to it after its gone through the necessary number of proofings (risings), form into rings and bake.

Make sure you add the prosciutto after the last rising. You don't want the prosciutto sitting around at room temp in the dough while it rises.

Good luck.

dectra likes this.
  3. sidediva

sidediva

Exp:
    At home cook
    Thanks for the response. The bakery I bought this from calls it ansogno bread (Addeo Bakery) probably dialect of some sort.

sgsvirgil likes this.
  4. sgsvirgil

sgsvirgil

Exp:
    Retired Owner/Operator
    Lol...I think the dialect is Bronxonian. :) Its like how "fagiolo" (bean) became "fazoole" as in "pasta fazool".

5. sidediva

sidediva

Exp:
    At home cook
    Yes exactly....I knew there wasn't such word...but thought what am I missing something. How they destroy these words I just don't know. Have a great day!