Italian Easter

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by lovesherfood, Mar 7, 2002.

1. lovesherfood

lovesherfood

Hiddy ho,
    I was wondering if anyone can help me with finding a recipe for some sort of Italian Easter biscuits. Have found some ideas but need a recipe that is easy to produce and delicious. I have Italian friends coming over for Easter and want to surprise them:D So if anyone has any idea of where I could start that would be fab. Cheers

2. marmalady

marmalady

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    Hi, Lovesherfood - Please translate what you New Zealanders call 'biscuits'. I was all ready to make a cute comment about 'Southern Italian biscuits', and then I saw where you're from!!!

Do you mean cookies? or like biscotti? help us out!

3. chiffonade

chiffonade

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    First thing that popped into my head was, "I've heard of an Easter basket but never an Easter biscuit.

But seriously folks...We always did pastry for Easter and here's a biggie!! The bread with the colored Easter Eggs woven into it! It's a sweet bread made in the shape of a cross. Let me know if you would like this recipe. If I don't get back to this board in a timely manner (We're selling our house...ack!!), please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll be glad to come back here and post it.

4. isa

isa

In Italy at Easter they served Colomba Pasquale also known as Easter Dove. It is a sweet bread somewhat similar to Panettone.

5. lovesherfood

lovesherfood

Cookies, yes thats it. I forget that we translate things a bit different. Yes something simple, but impressive. Have found a recipe for Colomba Pesquale thanks Isa, am going to give it a whirl. The whole Easter basket thing sounds interesting, thanks chiffonade and I would be delighted to get the recipe from you.

If anyone has anymore ideas please keep them coming:D That would be lovely.