It ain't time or temperature alone...

Joined May 18, 2001
I've been frustrated by most published recommendations that I read about how hot to cook a piece of meat since the recommendations never seemed to match the reallity of the restaurants I worked in. So I did some research on my own. I've posted the results as this months article on my web site. The results may be much different than you've been told in the past!

Joined Oct 28, 1999
Fantastic article! And a phenomenal web site. You should be proud! Do you happen to be a fan of Harold Magee? Just curious. Your approach is similair. Very nice.

Joined May 18, 2001
When Magee's first book came out years ago, I read it cover to cover in a couple of days. Yes, I like his work. Unfortunately, although we live in the same town, I've never had the pleasure of meeting the gentleman.

Joined Jul 24, 2001
Bouland, you know how much I admire your devotion to your "hobby" . Just another amazing article!
Jim is right! You must be very proud for your work!

Joined May 18, 2001
My wife keeps reminding of the typos in the articles to keep me in my place.

Joined Oct 28, 2001
An excellent piece of research and well written. In fact so good I wanted to print it out to stick in my kitchen reference book but I am struggling to get it into a form I can use because of the mode of presentation, but I'll persevere.

If you live in the same town as Mr McGee you really ought to try and meet up with him. According to Heston Blumenthal not only is he considerably younger than you would think, he is fascinating company and very approachable.

Joined Oct 17, 2002
Thanks for the web site and the articles. It is gerat help for now and in the future.

Joined Aug 7, 2001
Fabulous!
I too am a devotee of such a love for a hobby. The best reading is from those who write from love. =)

Thank you for this!:lips:
SG

Joined May 18, 2001
Carli, I've enjoyed reading your restaurant exploits over the past year. I'm sorry to see your labors come to an end.

Joined Aug 7, 2001
aw.

I miss it a lot already. I go by to visit and it's so hard to not go back there and help out!

I'm still writing, though it's obviously not the same as it was. I will still be writing about what I learn and my twists and turns through my love of food and cooking, so I hope you stick around. =)

It was SUCH a great time. It changed my life. For the better.

There's lots that I didn't write about publically, but I have written.
I'm putting it all together and who knows where it may all pop up. ;):blush:

SG

Latest posts

Top Bottom