ISO recipe for Ahi Tuna nachos

Joined Nov 9, 2018
HI there, I am not sure if this is the right place so forgive me if not. I am looking for a recipe for Ahi/Yellowfin Nachos.

Here is a pic of one I had that I like and it looks pretty simple. Let me know if you are able to discern the ingredients and thanks in advance plus any advise you may have.

Paul
1634229630411.png

phatch

Staff member
Joined Mar 29, 2002
Looks more like shaved Oaxaca/Mozzarella cheese, tuna, scallions, Thai sweet chile sauce and kewpie mayo.

Joined Oct 31, 2012
If you ate this at a restaurant, the menu description would be helpful. Can you find the menu online or go back and visit the place again?

Joined Dec 18, 2010
Famous Tuna Nachos $11 Seared Ahi Tuna, Homemade Chips, Seaweed, House Sauces

It's hard to tell what the sauces might be without tasting. And it's too far away for me. But looks like a nice place! I'd guess a ponzu sauce of some sort (white) and sweet chile sauce (translucent with chili flakes), though.

Last edited:
Joined Nov 9, 2018
Famous Tuna Nachos $11 Seared Ahi Tuna, Homemade Chips, Seaweed, House Sauces

It's hard to tell what the sauces might be without tasting. And it's too far away for me. But looks like a nice place! I'd guess a ponzu sauce of some sort (white) and sweet chile sauce (translucent with chili flakes), though.
Thanks, not sure what restaurant you are referring to but this is very close to the menu description I have. This has all been helpful so now I need to do some trial and error.

Paul

Joined Dec 18, 2010
TUNA NACHOS*
Crispy wonton chips with diced ahi tuna marinated in soy-sesame. Garnished with a sweet soy glaze, sriracha aioli and sliced jalapeno

Top Bottom