Isn't anyone else single???

Joined Nov 25, 2001
I guess I am single in the fact that I am not married. However, as I am seventeen and in a two and a half year relationship I guess you could say I'm as commited as I'd ever let myself be!!!:)
I ABSOLUTELY do not think there is anything wrong with being single no matter how old you are... you're never too old to need time away to do a little soul searching and learn more about yourself. I guess that's just my opinion.:blush: :smiles: :blush: :talk: --april--

Joined Feb 9, 2002
That sounds like a great idea - I just may do that! Or join one. Sounds like it could be fun - although one does have to be careful on the 'net; that I learned the hard way. But cooking should be relatively safe, Iwould hope..lol. Maybe I'll start one so I can 86 any kooks that lurk around..:)

Hehehe...for me it's "CATHY"...

I KNOW! I love this one - I hate closing the bathroom door cuz I'm a little claustraphobic and it's so great to just leave that door open..lol..what a topic! :bounce:

Joined Feb 6, 2002
Im not married and not single. Will soon have 3 kids and really have no plans to get married anytime soon. Im soon 25, was in one relationship for almost 9 years and in this one for almost 3. Don't think I really need the paper. I like having the easy option to leave without some legal battle.

Ok so Im a little jaded and cynical.:lips:

Joined Aug 4, 2000
Our singles cooking group is called Accidental Chefs, here in Denver. We meet once a month at someone's abode to cook a multi course meal. The menu is prepared by our chairperson, the shopping done by two volunteers. The fee for attending a dinner is $25.

On cooking night we meet at the assigned residence, introduce ourselves to the newbys, and commence preparation. NOONE mingles idley else they won't receive another invitation. Everyone performs a task, whether it be biscuit preparation or bacon crumbling - we all spend at least 1 to 1 1/2 hours in active preparation. Then everything is cooked and presented followed by a sitdown meal. We all chip in to clean up afterwards; the kitchen is left as how it was found.

The idea behind the menu is not to stuff onesself on one single dish but instead to sample the wide variety of dishes offered to the group. In that fashion lots of feedback on all the items is available.

Also, if someone hooks up with someone else that's fine otherwise it's quite okay not to!

:chef: :chef: :chef:

Joined Feb 9, 2002
That really sounds like fun, kokopuffs! We don't have anything like that where I come from...probably because all anyone around here gets into cooking is brats with beer and lots of sausages, hot dogs and hamburgers! :rolleyes:

Ohhh...can feel my arteries groaning..lol.

There was a trio of guys, one I had once dated a while back who really was a very good cook, and they got their names, pictures and an entire page write up in the paper for grilling out some kind of fish - mostly because it was something different than brats, hot dogs, sausages of all kinds and steaks, too are popular. But they got a little fancier on their grills and it hits the paper! What a town! Hehehe.

Joined Aug 4, 2000
You omitted the letter Z.

My middle name is Zinjanthropus and I give in to my most primal urges.

Joined Apr 19, 2001
Well - Hello, Bond! Now I understand the shutdown that happened - it was you doing that spy thing again!

Joined Apr 30, 2001
LOL kokopuffs! I have an alternate personality with a "Z" name --- hey Bond...I need to know about the "Z". After all, she's a very popular gal! LOL - isn't the internet just insane at times? Who am I today?

Of course...I considered the "N" description to be incredibly accurate!

Joined Nov 29, 2001
Off topic...this implies that 100% of our lives are made up of cooking and this is out-and-out not true. I don't think the thread should be stricken or re-named. This is the cafe where the toques come off, the foreheads get rubbed and what ever life issues have been neglected all day come out.

Having said that...

Re: Being single...there are billions of other single people out there asking the same question as you are.

I met my (current and last) husband in a chat room but I would not advise this for everyone. We are together almost 4 years now and I can count on one hand the times I've been unhappy.

The old cliche is so true...Love comes when you're not looking for it. Remember this and call off the hounds.

Spend your time becoming a quality person and you will attract quality people.

When you least expect it, that person you're looking for will simply show up. Something important to remember is: don't "see" things in the relationship that aren't there for the sake of permanency. (Marriage #1.)

Don't take the advice of others who feel they know you better than you do. (Marriage #2.)

Wait for someone who makes you smile without spending a zillion dollars, someone who pays attention to your needs and aspirations. Wait for someone who makes you want to live forever. This is how I knew my husband was the one.

One day we were shopping at Sam's Club and Husband disappeared. He came back bearing a box of 2 square white bowls. He knew I had broken a square serving dish and was upset about it. He said, "Didn't you want square serving bowls?" I could have cried. This is what counts. Paying attention to one another. When you find excuses to be with your spouse instead of excuses to ditch your spouse (marriages #1 and #2), you'll know this is the person you want to be around all the time.

Joined Nov 29, 2001
My name begins with "L" and I have always felt it's the name of the duped wife whose husband is cheating on her. My mother did not have the foresight to name me "Chiffonade."

;)

Joined Jan 21, 2002
And young. I'm a year older than you and yet you've had a 9 year stint with someone already? :eek: And this one for 3. That takes you back to pre-teen years. Whew!!!!

Joined Feb 6, 2002
Let's just leave it as, I was attacked at 11 and latched on to a guy who was needy so that I would be in control. After 9 years I finally realized with the birth of our daughter, (she's 4 now), that I could stop punishing myself and that I deserved to be loved. This new relationship is much better emotionally, mentally and physically.

Like chiffonade said: " Love comes when you aren't looking for it."
I had planned on it being just me and my girl. I don't like being jaded and cynical you know.

PS
A note of caution to singles. A relationship is a balance of give and take. If you find that you are giving and giving and not getting anything back then that person is not right for you. And remember " What you want is not always what you need ."

Joined Feb 6, 2002
Anyone ever build the perfect guy in your mind "tall, dark and handsome, well built etc." and find out after it gets serious just what a JERK he is??? And do you ever find that you always look for a particular type of guy?? Just curious.

Joined Apr 19, 2001
Bond, I sincerely hope that neither you or anyone else took my comment as serious!!!! I was joking on the CHARACTER Bond, not the persona who posts as Bond.

Joined Nov 10, 2001
There are pros and cons for being single,depending on your point of view. I don`t have a problem about being single,i have lots of friends as well as an extended family. I enjoy a simple life and i`m not stopping anyone from pursuing their own aims or interests.
I must admit that i tend to spoil my relatives/friends children,i have trouble saying no them.:)
I became a chef because i wanted to,i get great pleasure from cooking food that people then enjoy.
I think that it all depends on what you are aiming for in life.
A cynic would say that by staying single you will never face the possibility of a messy divorce/custody battle.
My answer is that life is like a motor vehicle,if you don`t put anything in to it,you`ll get nothing out of it.
Nobody in the world has to be lonely,there is a choice.

Leo R.:chef:

Joined Jun 19, 2001
Okay, well said Chiffonade and very touching ;) .

While we are on the topic of sharing. I'm a single MALE.

Frankly, I've given up on my search for my pastry sweetheart. She really doesn't exist. sigh....

Cooking for one has been one of my strongest points now. I've almost perfected it now. :bounce: Oops I hope i didn't reveal how long i've been single for. :eek:

I personally can't see the upside in being single. Especially in my kitchen. I find nothing sexier than cooking with your SO. :bounce:

I've always had this crazy idea to write a cookbook for single useless males looking for exciting but easy dishes to woo their dates. :p

That is all..... :chef:

Top Bottom