Is This A Good Guide for Setting Up a Catering Business?

Discussion in 'Professional Catering' started by biancadee, Jun 28, 2010.

1. biancadee

biancadee

Exp:
    Home Chef
    Hello everyone.

This is Bianca and I have already introduced myself in the Introduction section of this forum. I am seeking to start up a catering business. I found this one out and am planning to use it. Setting Up A Catering Business. Since we have professional caterers here and have been catering as a means of their living, I figured it may be proper and ideal to ask here.

My question is would that be a good guide to starting my catering business ? or do you have any other good tips?

Thanks ahead!

2. kuan

kuan Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Have you ever worked in the industry before?   The best guide is experience.  Don't waste your money.

3. thegardenguru

thegardenguru

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    $97.00!!!!  Sounds way over the top expensive for a "Guide".

kuan is right -- the best "guide" is experience.  Combine that with a good book on the business of catering and you have a great synergy.  There are many such books (all well under $97).

Joe

4. biancadee

biancadee

Exp:
    Home Chef
    Thank you kuan and Joe.

You've said it well. I believe experience would indeed be the best guide as I start with it.

That guide seems to be too good to be true when I first saw it. Thank you so much for your inputs on the matter. I really appreciate it. More power to both of you.

Bianca

5. shroomgirl

shroomgirl

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    See what's available at the library.

6. biancadee

biancadee

Exp:
    Home Chef
    Yes. I will also check the library for some resources! Thanks!

7. chefbillyb

chefbillyb

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Be a perfectionist, and spend a lot of time on details. I have seen many caterers take to many things for granted. Be original in your thoughts, be good at what your do, give the customer more than they expected..............Chef BillyB

8. biancadee

biancadee

Exp:
    Home Chef
    Great tips and reminders there Chef BillyB! I appreciate it. Thank you very much!