Is there any truth

Joined Feb 4, 2005
I know your not suppose to deep fry in olive oil but what about cooking or low frying with it. I was told it changes to unhealthy wen heated but cant see this being possible.

Joined Oct 31, 2012
I suspect the unhealthy bit is untrue. I would be more worried about cost. With all the fraud in the olive oil industry, making sure you're getting pure olive oil can be expensive and the better ones taste so much better I prefer to use them at room temperature. Deep frying would use quite a lot of oil. 

Joined Aug 21, 2004
Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat. Monounsaturated fats are highly resistant to damage from high heat and very stable, thereby making them good for deep frying.

Joined Apr 25, 2014
@Dagger  maybe you are thinking of extra virgin olive oil which has a lower smoke point.  Has nothing to do with health, but it will smell bad when you burn your oil

Last edited:
Joined Oct 10, 2005
Doubt if it is "unhealthy" when heated, but it will loose most of its flavour. I mean, you're buying x. virg. olive oil for
Its flavour, right?

Joined Feb 4, 2005
I add my edo to stff like saucez and marinades for its flavor. I was looking into making my own breakfest turkey sausage and since its a dry meat figured ill add some olive oil to the mix instead of latd. My olive oil is. Olio carli

Joined Oct 9, 2008
I add my edo to stff like saucez and marinades for its flavor. I was looking into making my own breakfest turkey sausage and since its a dry meat figured ill add some olive oil to the mix instead of latd. My olive oil is. Olio carli
Don't put liquid fat in most sausage mixes. As soon as you start to cook, it'll melt away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom