Chef Forum banner

Is their a process to make parsnips into glass?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ShelteredBugg1 
#1 ·
I'm looking for feed back on this thread if anyone can help thank you ! Love life.

#4 ·
Why don't you just use a potato glass method but swap out the potatoes for parsnips? I imagine if you made a roasted parsnip stock/water, then gelled it with tapioca, arrowroot or potato starch and dehydrated you'd get a similar result.

Parsnips obviously have less starch than potatoes, but I don't think that the "natural" starch is a determining factor in the final result so you might be OK.

#6 ·
Why don't you just use a potato glass method but swap out the potatoes for parsnips? I imagine if you made a roasted parsnip stock/water, then gelled it with tapioca, arrowroot or potato starch and dehydrated you'd get a similar result.

Parsnips obviously have less starch than potatoes, but I don't think that the "natural" starch is a determining factor in the final result so you might be OK.
Thank you and i appreciate your answer! I will give it a try right away !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.