Is the site running slow for anyone else?

Joined Sep 17, 2018
I don't know if it's just me or my computer but I seem to be having a lot more lag between when I click on links and a delay of when I am typing to what actually appears. I have to click all the ads to close them off of the page. Again could just be me, didn't know if anyone else had the same experiences.

Joined Oct 31, 2012
I have that same problem occasionally. I am no computer expert by any means but try clearing your browser cache. I'm not even sure I said that right.
Anyway, every site you go to puts "cookies" on your computer. I use an Apple so in Safari there's a preference section. You can see what sites have cookies on the computer and there is a delete option.
I find that when my computer slows down in the manner you are describing, a cleaning out will typically help. Occasionally I also shut the computer off and even unplug the internet cord and close the WiFi for about fifteen minutes. That also helps.
Btw, one of the problems is that certain sites use your computer intermittently for it's computing power, I have no idea how that works but clearing the cache and turning things off will help get rid of that.
Hope that helps your situation.

Joined May 25, 2015
I don't know if it's just me or my computer but I seem to be having a lot more lag between when I click on links and a delay of when I am typing to what actually appears. I have to click all the ads to close them off of the page.
Ads? What ads? I don't have no stinkin ads! Ads and the crap they leave behind will definitely slow your computer down. You don't say what machine you have, with my windows machines I use Firefox for my browser. It includes a built-in ad blocker that is pretty effective. Absolutely no ads.

I used to have the problems you are experiencing on the old site. Enabling Firefox's ad blocker took care of that.

Btw, one of the problems is that certain sites use your computer intermittently for it's computing power, I have no idea how that works but clearing the cache and turning things off will help get rid of that.
I don't know about that. I would call that a virus and stay away from those sites. I know with sites like Facebook, after scrolling down the page for a few minutes my computer slows to a crawl and will actually become unresponsive after that. Sometimes Ctr-Alt-Del is necessary to force the close of Firefox in task manager. Even if you are only on Facebook for a short while, when you close it watch your hard drive activity light and see how long your computer takes to purge all the crap you collected. So I avoid social media and Facebook in particular like the plague it is.

Joined Dec 18, 2010
It’s possible that the problem is more localized. Once upon a time my computer started running slow. I cleaned the dust out of it and it ran fast again. Heat was building up due to poor circulation so was slowing the clock for self preservation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom