Is it possible to make fruit puree like boiron?

Joined Sep 1, 2019
I want to make some fruit puree that from my country but it's not popular maybe not like Boiron exactly but just not like a juice it not concentrated enough.

Thanks

chefpeon

Kitchen Dork
Joined Jun 15, 2006
I make my own purée all the time. I like to call it Fruit Demiglace. I take whatever fruit I want, purée it, then slowly and I mean slowly (because you don’t want to burn it), cook it down over low heat until it’s very concentrated. Depending on the fruit, sometimes I’ll adjust the flavor with a little sugar at the end in case there is bitterness. Also, if I need the purée to be less liquid, I will add in a thickener, like tapioca starch or cornstarch at the end as well.

Joined Sep 17, 2018
I spent all this time trying to find out what a boiron fruit was until I realized it is a fruit puree company you are talking about.

Joined Apr 25, 2017
You were not alone o_O I had to google it.

Ramish - What is the final texture / thickness you are hoping for?

chefpeon

Kitchen Dork
Joined Jun 15, 2006
Boiron's fruit purees are great, and very dependable when it comes to making pate de fruit especially. I can't get Boiron very easily in my location, which is why I make my own most of the time. You can get it on Amazon though.....2.2 lbs of most of the purees will set you back about $50.

Top Bottom