Is anyone putting pressure on Conde Nast to put the entire Gourmet Mag Coll. On DVD-rom?

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by kengee, Apr 12, 2011.

1. kengee

kengee

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hi! I am a huge Gourmet mag afficionado but I recently had to recycle a large portion of my collection due to space and sheer exhaustion of carrying hundreds of magazines from one home to another! However, now, we live in the age of the iPad and there is no reason why we should have to be encumbered by all of those heavy mags! My question is why hasn't Conde Nast done what has already been done by Fine Cooking (so liberating to toss all those mags but still have all the issues!) and now by Rolling Stone and the New Yorker? Does anyone know if they have plans to put the mags on DVD-rom? And if so when?? And if not, for gods sake, why not???

2. ishbel

ishbel

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Welcome to Cheftalk!

I don't know the magazine - but perhaps you could address your question directly to them? 

I hope you will engage with the other members on here - we're from around the globe (I'm Scots, for instance) - and all levels of culinary ability.  I love to cook, and have attended cookery classes around Europe.

The wikis, blogs, articles, reviews and photographs on our site are second to none, and offer much inspiration.

The professional fora are read-only for those of us who are not presently employed in any of the culinary trades - but still make great reading!  Feel free to join in on any thread in other fora, or start your own in the relevant forum.

Hope to see you around the boards.

3. kengee

kengee

Exp:
    At home cook
    Thanks for the reply Ishbel. I am happy To be on the site! unfortunately Gourmet is now defunct and I have certainly attempted to contact the publisher but alas to no avail. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of the magazine will have some answers! Anyway thanks for the welcome I look forward to being apart of the commuity!