Chef Forum banner

Invisable thread?

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  nicko 
#1 ·
How come this thread

never shows up on the main page? I have been participating in it for days and the only way I can access it is through my email notifications.

Hmmm. Now I just realized that this is a conversation? Nobody else gets to see it? What good is that?

#3 ·
That's what I thought. But I don't think member dodgerbuddy realized hers was not a regular topic in one of the forums. And really, that's where this topic should be.

Looking at how you start conversations, I can see how a new member would confuse the envelop icon and the "start a new conversation" with starting a new thread. Having a button called "Post Thread" all the way over to the right and (on my machine) partially obscured might be the problem.

I also can't figure out how she chose the four members of that conversation.

You might want to look into changing "Post Thread" to "Start New Topic" and feature it more prominently. Then change Conversation back to private message or PM. That terminology is what everybody has come to understand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.