Intro

Joined Oct 24, 2021
Evening, everyone!

I'm brand new to the profession (just started working a month and a half ago) and am working as a fry cook at a Korean chicken & beer joint in Berlin, Germany. I don't have anything in the way of formal training, but I've been a hobby cook for the last fifteen years and am receiving a good deal of on- the- job training while working on the line. I'm honestly not sure how long I'll be at the current place I'm at (I'll be posting about what that's been like thus far later), but I'm hoping to move out of fast food and into something that will involve more cooking than just running a fryer all day long.

I'm particularly interested in Japanese and Korean cooking, but being from California, I also enjoy Mexican and other Latin American cuisines (which is woefully scarce in Germany).

Joined Oct 9, 2008
Nice to have you here! I'm assuming that "Karereis" is some kind of Germanicization of Japanese カレーライス or curry rice? Anyone who chooses curry rice for their online name has my vote. Welcome!

nicko

Founder of Cheftalk.com
Staff member
Sponsor
Joined Oct 5, 2001
working as a fry cook at a Korean chicken & beer joint in Berlin, Germany.
That sounds awesome! Welcome to ChefTalk. Sounds like you have an interesting story to tell coming from CA and now cooking in Germany. Looking forward to your posts.

Top Bottom