Inti Conor Villalobos-Coady Culinary Institute of America Student

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by intivillalobos, Aug 12, 2010.

1. intivillalobos

intivillalobos

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    Dear my fellow foodies

I am currently a student at the CIA in New York. I have been cooking since I was only 5 and have been trying to advance my skills to the best of my ability. Being 18 now, I have a goal to go down as one of the great chefs over time. I have a determination to expand my knowledge about food, as well as setting my sights to the highest. I ask you to help me along the way. I understand that many on here are busy, some owning restaurants or being with their loved ones. But I ask, will you help a fellow culinarian along my journey. I have read books by chefs such as Thomas Keller, Anthony Bourdain, and Rick Bayless. But I want to learn more about chefs like Grant Achatz and Eric Ripert.

I don't believe in have one style, I want to be a chef that is able to adapt and learn new styles and techniques from fellow chefs. So far here I have made connections with my fellow students but I want more. I want to make a name for myself and dedicate everyone who has  helped me along the way.

I understand that this is a lot of words but I feel like I have gotten my name out.

Thank you to all those who have taken the time to read this message.

If you want to help in anyway, shape or form please add me on facebook or on here I guess, sorry I'm still new

Thank you everyone

Inti Conor Villalobos-Coady

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Welcome to Chef Talk. You're wise to seek advice (at any age, really!) and this is a good place to find it. Use the search tool to find conversations that may have occurred here on your topic. Read, listen, participate and read some more! We have a good many CIA grads here, including our founder, Nicko. Others are graduates of prestigious schools as Johnson and Wales, Le Cordon Bleu and more. Even more are graduates of the school of hard knocks- even those with culinary degrees. Advice is rather easy to find. Wisdom, well, that's more rare. You can find that here, too.

Good luck!

Mezzaluna