Internet Sources

Joined Aug 30, 2004
I live in a small town without access to specialty foods and equipment. I rely on the Internet for most of my shopping. I'd love to know your favorite Internet sites for ingredients, equipment, and other resources -- especially weird, exotic and hard to find things. I'm an amatuer, so sites requiring professional status probably wouldn't help.

Thank you in advance!
Lynne

Joined Aug 15, 2004
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by equipment, but I just got a bunch of appliances: zojirushi bread maker, zojirushi rice cooker, Tilia Pro II Food Saver, Nesco American Harvester Dehydrator 1018p, Bamix Gastro 200 mixing wand. The very best deal I could find was all in one spot, free shipping and no sales tax:

www.pleasanthillgrain.com in Nebraska.

They also had some pretty fancy mixers, processors, professional dehydrators, grain mills, etc.

I found them to be fast, and responsive.

doc

Joined Dec 23, 2003
Penzeys.com is good for spices. They don't have absolutely everything, but the quality and prices are top notch.

Joined Dec 30, 1999
Exactly what "especially weird, exotic and hard to find things"?

You'd be surprised what you can find in small towns...

;)

Joined Aug 30, 2004
I guess I didn't have anything specific in mind. I ran across a site for ginger products on the Forum. Maybe things like quince paste, "foreign" ingredients, unusual items, professional baking equipment (ring molds, pyramid molds, etc.). Gee, I'm not being very helpful, huh? I think I was fishing for any interesting sites others had discovered. Especially if they had used the sites and found the quality to be good. It's sometimes hard to know whether or not to use an untried website.
Lynne

Top Bottom