Interesting Presentations

Joined Aug 11, 2000
Last weekend I was cooking for some friends at a local farm which had some amazing large wooden bowls....including trenchers.  24x6" shallow platters.....the corny polenta with morels looked great!

Fresh hot potato chips served in paper cones, passed in a lucite holder or placed in wheat grass.

Last Sept. I used sunflower shoots (growing in a flat) as a base for baby vegetables skewered....for a James Beard presentation.

What are you doing that's novel & interesting?

Joined Feb 1, 2007
re paper cones. Have you seen the bamboo ones? A little more expensive, but better looking, IMO.

An interesting approach, for some foods, is to use randomly shaped pieces of slate as platters. I've even seen that approach used for serving dishes.

Joined Feb 1, 2007
I like the cooking on stones approach for small groups, like a sit-down dinner for six or eight, primarily because it's so dramatic. But I'm always concerned about the safety angle.

Joined Feb 1, 2007
You might, Chefd65, do a search under "bamboo cone cup sources." Lot's of hits doing that.

Granted, many of them are unsuitable. But mixed in are places you're looking for.

Joined Feb 17, 2010
Thank you KYHeirloomer!
I have bought disposables there before but had lost the information.  I was able to spend a bundle on fun stuff!

Joined Feb 1, 2007
I was able to spend a bundle on fun stuff!

Easy to do at that site: I need some of those, and a case of them, and a couple hundred of dem over der. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/thumb.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom