Interested in Culinary School - Community College

Discussion in 'Choosing A Culinary School' started by windycitygirl, Feb 9, 2017.

1. windycitygirl

windycitygirl

Exp:
    At home cook
    I am a returning adult student that is presently enrolled at College of DuPage in Glen Ellyn, Illinois.  I have already earned my Associates in General Education and have a large background in Business.  I have taken courses in Business Management that I have utilized in previous businesses that I have owned.  However, in the growing marketplace to source talent and with companies downsizing, I have decided to pursue my passion and look at the culinary school at College of Du Page.  I am learning that with age, you need a trade to fall back on to continue to be competitive in this talent market and to continue to be employed.  I am currently by trade an executive support professional. 

Upon reviewing programs, I am interested in the Pastry Chef program/degree.  I was wondering if there is anyone on this site that can give me any reviews or recommendations?  My goal is to open and operate my own business with the culinary knowledge and apply my business/marketing knowledge to successfully manage it.  Is it possible that someone can please be so kind as to advise what their knowledge, past experience, etc?

Thank you in advance for any assistance or direction you can provide.