Insurance/permits, etc

Joined Jan 21, 2017
I just started a job as an independent contractor with a new business that has cooking classes for kids. The classes are taught at elementary schools, but I was told we have to prep/wash some of the food at our homes before we take it to the school, and that as long as we are not SELLING the food, it's legal. Not all of the schools have proper sinks, etc.. Some of the classes are even taught outdoors. Also, if we are not selling the food, do we need liability insurance? 

As an independent contractor, does that mean that if something happens (God forbid food poisoning, kid burns himself, etc), that I'm the one who ends up being responsible if I'm not insured myself?  

The business operates in LA and Orange Counties in CA

Thanks for any insight!

Latest posts

Top Bottom