"Far better is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
"True character is revealed when you come face to face with adversity."
"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the ones most responsive to change."
This is an old copy-of-a-copy-of-a-copy that has been stuck to my fridge for a long time. I still find myself reading it almost daily.
TWELVE WARNING SIGN OF HEALTH
1. Persistent presence of support network.
2. Chronic positive expectations; tendency to frame events in a constructive light.
3. Episodic peak experiences.
4. Sense of spiritual involvment.
5. Increased sensitivity.
6. Tendency to adapt to changing conditions.
7. Rapid response and recovery of adrenalin system due to repeated challenges.
8. Increased appetite for physical activity.
9. Tendency to identify and communicate feelings.
10. Repeated episodes of gratitude, generosity or related emotions.
11. Compulsion to contribute to society.
12. Persistent sense of humor.
(Collected from a bulletin board in Waldport, Oregon-no author's name given).