Chef Forum banner

Indonesian Satay

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  culinaryxeno 
#1 ·
Sate Ayam, or Chicken Satay is a favourite street food in Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore. Indonesian Satay is best grilled on a barbecue, but you can also grill them under the broiler.
[h3]Ingredients[/h3]
Tip:

Put fresh meat or chicken in the freezer for about 20 minutes before slicing or cutting, or if using frozen meat, cut or slice while it is still partially frozen and firm.
  • Chicken Breast, 1 large skinless and boneless, cut into 1 inch cubes
  • Shallot, 1 large finely chopped
  • Garlic, 4 cloves, finely chopped
  • Fresh Chillis, 2 seeded and finely chopped (or 1 tsp chili paste)
  • Fresh Ginger, 2 tbsp, finely chopped
  • Fresh Coriander, 1 tbsp chopped
  • Sesame Oil, 1 tsp
  • Dark Soya Sauce, 2 tsp
  • Fresh lemon juice, 1 tbsp
  • Coconut Milk, 1/4 cup
  • Water, 1/4 cup
[h3]Cooking Method[/h3]
  • Put all ingredients together in a plastic bag and mix and coat the chicken well.
  • Put chicken in the fridge to marinate for two to six hours.
  • Soak bamboo skewers in warm water for at least 20 minutes before skewering the chicken cubes. Leave a bit of space between meat pieces to ensure even cooking.
  • Barbecue over medium-high temperature for 5 to 8 minutes, basting with the marinade and turning frequently.
Regards

Ethan

See less See more
#7 ·
Greetings from THE Culinary Xenophile.

Just wanted to thank all those who called on Ethan to cite the source of the satay recipe, seeing that his post is an exact duplicate of my page at Recipe for Travel, right down to the dark blue tip box on the right.

If you've tried the recipe for the satay or my peanut sauce, I'd love to hear how you liked it.

All the Best,

The Culinary Xenophile at Recipe for Travel,

...a food companion for travel lovers, travel companion for food lovers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.