Important Questions about Macarons! >> Help please!

Discussion in 'Pastries & Baking' started by heba, Aug 10, 2013.

1. heba

heba

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hello Guys,

I have few questions about the Macarons I made 2 weeks before,I used the scale for majoring the ingredients, and I made it in two ways and it turned out differently!

FIRST WAY:

I used the french technique of making meringue and beat the eggs till (stiff peaks) and then I added the almond and sugar mixture and folded it about (50 strokes). I piped it on the baking sheet and left it for (half to 1 hour) to form a shell. After that I put it in the oven on 350 F. for 13 minutes and It turned out very very bad.

1- All of the shells were cracked. Was it from the high Temperature?

2- It had no feet. Did I Over mix the batter or Under mix?

3- I couldn't get it out from the baking sheet. Was it undercooked?

SECOND WAY:

I also used the french technique but beat the eggs till (soft peaks) and fold the batter till the right consistency which is (the lava thingy) :p. After piping it I left it till it formed a shell about 45 minutes and then put it in the oven in the same temperature and same timing.

1- Some of the shells were cracked and some of them were not .. why is that?

2- Some of the shells were a little bit brown on the top... why is that?

3- It had a small feet not a high feet.. why is that?

4-The macaroon is very very chewy in the middle.. is it undercooked?

.................................................................................................................

I'm sorry guys if the post a little bit confusing ... but I tried to explain to you as much as I can.. and I know Macaron making is very difficult but I wont stop making it till I profession it.. Waiting for your replies..THANKS!

2. goldilocks

goldilocks

Exp:
    Cook At Home
  3. kokopuffs

kokopuffs

Exp:
    Home Cook
    ...ddddddddd

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013