I'm New!

Joined Aug 12, 2006
Hi guys! I'm new on the block and I hope to make some friends in my search to become a better baker. I'm glad to see there's forums for people who love to cook. :D

Um, about me. I'm 14 years old, and my dream is to open my own bakery. It would probably be best if I didn't share where I live or anything like that. I like to bake, cook, do puzzles, play MMORPG's with my friends, listen to music, (I like pretty much everything except country and rap.) and other things as well. Um, my favorite dish to make is Rosemary Chicken, because it comes out so beautifully when I make it. My favorite dessert to bake is cake. Decorating at the end is always fun. Well, that's about it... :)

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Welcome, Sunny2day! We have quite a few young members, and the rest of us oldies are thrilled to see so many young cooks pursuing culinary interests and careers. I'll be if you ask, many of the professionals here will tell you they started on the road to their careers in their teens or earlier. I'm not a pro, but I put my first family meal on the table when I was 9 or 10.

We hope you'll explore all of this wonderful site and get acquainted with members of the community. Every forum is open to you to read, but posting in the professionals' forums is reserved for them. :) Use the search button to find topics you don't see in the current posts.

We hope you visit often to learn and share. We'll look forward to your posts!

Regards,
Mezzaluna

Joined Dec 4, 2006
hello everyone. im bing and im new here and still trying to figure out how this site works. im a law graduate and would want to shift careers and possibly become a chef. still researching which culinary school is the best and most affordable.
i have started with a small catering business and hoepfully this is the start of a wonderful and satisfying new career.:lips:

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Welcome, Bing! We wish you good luck on your career change. There is information here that will broaden your horizons.

As for the board- not to worry. The moderators (myself included) can answer your questions.

You posted in another person's introduction thread (no problem with that). If you want to start a new thread (conversation/discussion) of your own, just choose the best forum from those listed on the main Chef Talk page. Click on the forum name and you'll see a list of threads (conversations) already in progress. To start a new thread just click on the "New Thread" button at the top left corner of the list of threads. Then you can start your own if you like.

You already know how to add onto a thread that is in progress because you did that here.

Don't hesistate to ask if you have questions about how the board works or anything else! As this is a message board and not a chatroom, we may be away from our computers when you post your question. Please be patient and we'll be back to help. The moderators are listed on the main page along the right hand side. Just click on one of our names and you can send a Private Message ("PM") if you'd prefer to address one of us directly.

Enjoy the community!
Regards,
Mezzaluna

Latest posts

Top Bottom