if you watch the BBC please chime in..

Discussion in 'The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)' started by gunnar, Mar 11, 2010.

1. gunnar

gunnar

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I don't...I watch BBCA cause I am California. Now for the most part I like BBCA but here are my questions and issues. Why do we get such weird breaks in the shows can anyone tell me? For example the show Being Human, is it still running in Britain? It has disappeared here, same as Primeval (not that great a show imo but fun). now Primeval is running on A&E or something in reruns and they never have said whether its coming back or not, same as Being Human. Skins up and changed then disappeared, been watching the same Fwords for so long I am starting to get annoyed. Oh yeah, and which Doctor do you have? I thought a new one was on his way but nope, doesn't seem to be. Torchwood? anything? been gone like a year it feels.  Now comes the really crazy part. Shows like Eleventh Hour  and Life on Mars, they show episodes on BBCA then they sell the rights to like TNT or SCIFI and they remake it with American actors in such a way that it sucks.  why? why can't they just air the shows over here that you are watching over there, i know we are like 2 years behind, it's maddening.

2. koukouvagia

koukouvagia

Exp:
    Home Cook
    I watch the BBCA for The F Word, Kitchen Nightmares, Last Restaurant Standing, How not to Decorate, etc.  I don't watch any of the shows you mentioned but I feel your pain.  For the life of me I can't figure out why they got rid of Jamie Oliver shows a couple of years ago.  I'm still mad about that.

3. boar_d_laze

boar_d_laze

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    We enjoy quite a few things on BBCA, some cooking shows among them.

BDL