If you could only buy one, which would it be?

Joined Feb 4, 2005
I really like Olio Carli olive oil but you can only buy it in groups of 6 bottles cost $70+ dollars. They have 2 varieties Extra Virgin and Pure. I can buy only 1 variety, which would you pick as your everything go to olive oil?

Joined May 5, 2010
As a matter of choice, I'll use Extra Virgin for everyday cooking and Extra Extra Virgin for eating.

Joined Jul 13, 2012
I only buy Extra Virgin and Extra Light olive oils.  I never buy regular anymore.

Joined Sep 14, 2015
I really like Olio Carli olive oil but you can only buy it in groups of 6 bottles cost $70+ dollars. They have 2 varieties Extra Virgin and Pure. I can buy only 1 variety, which would you pick as your everything go to olive oil?
Gotta go Extra Virgin

Joined Feb 4, 2005
Ok wasn't sure since EVO is supposed not to be used in high heat cause its supposed to change it.

Joined Nov 6, 2004
    Hi Dagger!

I do love good olive oil...I'm looking forward to this new harvested olive oils that should be getting ready in the coming weeks.  I've tried the Olio Carli evoo before and wasn't to impressed.  If I can have only one olive oil, I would buy one of the Castillo de Canena; First Day Harvest. The question, for me,  would be picual or arbequina.

Last edited:
Joined Jun 27, 2012

Ok wasn't sure since EVO is supposed not to be used in high heat cause its supposed to change it.
You don't use EVOO for high temp cooking indeed. Low smoke point and moral degradation.

Yes, extreme moral degradation that will require extended penitence.
Wait for the day your fave priest is in his little cubicle......THEN jump in and confess.

Way less knee time /img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

mimi

Joined May 14, 2014
You can use extra virgin for cooking, it just isn't the best use. I buy a bottle of canola oil to saute with- unless I forget, then i use extra virgin.

Joined Nov 15, 2012
FWIW, only olive oil and flaxseed oil have the right percentages of mono/omega-whatever fatty acids for optimum arterial/gut health, just something mainly us older folks concern ourselves with.  There is no vegetable oil but evo in my kitchen, and from the latest harvest.

Rick

Latest posts

Top Bottom