IDV 14ish inch slicer: 12 yr old post - X55 CrMo V14 ???

Joined Sep 17, 2021
Hi all,

I have had a 14 inch slicer for the past 8 years or so and I can’t for the life of me remember where I got it. Probably while out junk shopping with my father at Goodwill or the like to be honest. I sharpen it once a year or so and it is still practically new. I would like to find this knife or the like for a friend that owns a Huge BBQ restaurant and a bakery. It’s an (IDV) stainless, made in Portugal but seems to be a Canadian company, it’s Chrome-Vanadium. It also refers to the metal as - X55 CrMo V14, which is how I found cheftalk.com. https://cheftalk.com/threads/x55-crmo-v14.52867/
It’s a shot in the dark but does anyone know where or how I could get my hands on another? 2B6CD21D-5123-4D27-8337-DF83C011D194.jpeg

Joined Oct 31, 2012
I don't think it will be easy to find the exact same knife. That knife was probably a short lived production run no longer being made. But there are plenty of good slicers out there. I have several different makes and models both new and old and as long as they are sharp, they all work well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom