Ideas on what to do after college?

Discussion in 'General Culinary School Discussions' started by ashleynicole, Apr 2, 2010.

1. ashleynicole

ashleynicole

Exp:
    Other
    im not finishing college for a while
    (havent even started yet lol I start in June)
    anyway
    my question is
    what did you do after college?
    is there anything you wanted to do and decided agaisnt it and regret it?
    did you want to move to a certian area that had or jobs (or moved to the area)
    im going to pastry arts
    just would like to know what others did or want to do

2. kristopher

kristopher

Exp:
    Line Cook
    Get an internship somewhere really nice. Get a basic job in the restaurant so you can know its your calling before you spend all the cash on education. It is rough and a lot of people realize its not what they think it was and drop out. 

3. sha6wan

sha6wan

Exp:
    At home cook
    [if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables> <w:SnapToGridInCell> <w:WrapTextWithPunct> <w:UseAsianBreakRules> <w:DontGrowAutofit> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument></xml><![endif][if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles></xml><![endif]<!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal{mso-style-parent:"";margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}@page Section1{size:8.5in 11.0in;margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;mso-header-margin:.5in;mso-footer-margin:.5in;mso-paper-source:0;}div.Section1{page:Section1;}-->[if gte mso 10]><style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-ansi-language:#0400;mso-fareast-language:#0400;mso-bidi-language:#0400;}</style><![endif]After finishing the collage you need to choose your career just listen to your mind and he will guide you. Else in my opinion became a chiefPreview

4. nichole

nichole

Exp:
    Restaurant Manager
    As weird as it may sound, I wanted to be an accountant.  So I really like doing my books and I sometimes feel as if I still have a connection with my past "dream".