Ideas for Making "Fluffier" Vegan and Gluten-Free Pancakes

Joined Apr 10, 2020
Hi All,
My wife and I have been making vegan and gluten-free pancakes. The outside cooks perfectly, but the inside doesn't seem to completely cook all the way through. They're also slimmer than normal pancakes. Do you have any recommendations for making them fluffier (and still keeping them vegan and gluten-free).

Thanks!
Brendan

Joined Sep 17, 2018
I've made pancakes with a mixture of almond flour and coconut flour. They came out similar to regular pancakes. Can you post the recipe you are using? Also you could try making the batter thinner and doing stacks of "crepes" unless you really really miss pancakes.

Joined Apr 25, 2017
Try whipping some garbanzo bean liquid (aka Aquafaba) and folding that in like egg whites. The addition of air may also help with the cooking inside issue. You may also need to reduce your heat and add time.

Joined Nov 27, 2012
experimenting with baking soda(can't stress enough to go low with it) and different vinegars might be interesting. Also if the pancake is not cooking properly(nice outside but raw inside) it sounds like the temperature might be too high.

Joined Nov 27, 2012
I've done very very nice crepes with coconut cream, almond flour and arrowroot powder(2 tablespoons of arrowroot and 3 of water=1egg). so maybe some of those ingredients might work.

Joined Nov 27, 2012
and as a last option carbonated water(the fizzier the better) also works instead of baking soda or baking powder.

Top Bottom