Ice Carving...

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by cmdiesing, Nov 5, 2012.

1. cmdiesing

cmdiesing

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and excited about becoming an active member!

Quick question: Does anyone know any good Ice Carvers in the upstate New York area? Westchester, Dutchess, Orange County?

Thanks!

2. chefwriter

chefwriter

Exp:
    Professional Cook
    Contact a local ice supply company. They would know who orders alot of ice for that purpose and would have contact info for them. Second, Large hotels or a large catering only company. And you could contact the local ACF chapters who would have an ice carving member  Welcome to the forum. And fyi.(said with a laugh) those counties are considered part of the Southern Tier of NY state and not "upstate".

3. cmdiesing

cmdiesing

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Thanks for the suggestions...Im going to explore my options tomorrow.

FYI, *laughing*, what is considered 'upstate' is very controversial and subjective. I live in Dutchess, but it seems like anyone that lives south of Dutchess/Orange County consider this upstate. "Oh, you live upstate?"....My girlfriend works in Manhattan and her co-workers treat her like a hillbilly because she has to get on the train and go 'upstate' every night after work....Cidiots......BUT, you're right. This should not be considered upstate.

Thanks for the advice!