I work hard for my money. so hard.

Joined Mar 10, 2004
Im considering apprenticing. Tuition at the neighboring college is $1100+books, supplies. 3 years, 1 month in school, 11 working. I work hard for my money, and dont want spend it foolishly. Tonight i was on amazon and said, "books are expensive. Books are sources of knowledge." I also have been looking at some wonderful knives. they too are expensive. I feel the best way to proceed is Invest in 3 top quality knives, a stone, a textbook, a few dozen other books (still under budget!) and maybe a set of knives to leave at work. All of these are a good idea to have before going to school anyway. Maybe i can get a fridge that has a real freezer, not an ice box.
Remeber in Back to the future when Doc says "Roads? Where we are going, we dont need roads." I feel the same. I dont need a certificate at this point, and 1 month of schooling a year would pale in comparison to what i will learn in a personal library. 200 words later, and im not considering apprenticing anymore. I am concerned that in the future, i will wish i had started school ASAP. Roll the dice.

Joined Dec 12, 2000
When I did my apprenticeship, I did my technical training at OUC. I had taken the one year cook training program here, which counted as experience towards my apprenticeship. All of my tuition for my technical training was covered by ITAC, I just had to pay my personal expenses and one text book. Mind you I finished in 2001 and things have changed. One thing I would tell anyone is that the 12 month program although it's something you can do with out, take the time and invest the money, you will wish you had.

Top Bottom