I went to Temple Today

Discussion in 'The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)' started by cape chef, Sep 14, 2001.

1. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I went to my Temple today to join in on the prayer day.

I am not a religous person,but care deeply about humanity. I found the expereiance very rewarding and uplifting.

There was a short ceramony,followed by an hour of self exspression. The rabbi and cantor just wanted us to share our feelings,concerns and fears,They also shared theres with the congragation.
    I felt so secure for that short time.
    All the others we're sharing my fears.

When I went back to work with red eyes,I felt a surge of pride in my religeon and America.

What I am trying to say is take advantage of what is availible to us for support.Get involved in anyway you can.
    It really helps the soul
    Brad

2. anneke

anneke

Exp:
    Culinary Instructor
    CC, I'm glad you found solace among those who share your faith. You are right. This is a time when the spirit needs some healing. There's a lot of that going on right here on Cheftalk too. Thanks to the community for that.

3. momoreg

momoreg

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Times like these, we all need to be part of a community of people whom we can trust wherever that may be. It's good to hear that you were able to feel at one with yourself and others.

[ September 15, 2001: Message edited by: momoreg ]

4. kimmie

kimmie

Dear Brad,

May peace be within you today and always.

Kimmie

5. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    CC, I was at temple last night. In fact, I led the service (we have only a part time rabbi- a crew of 4 take turns leading when he's not there). It was my week to lead, and it presented a huge challenge. People came to temple who rarely did, looking for some context and comfort. I did my best and gave them some thoughts (mostly from bigger minds than mine) which they said were helpful. We included portions of the memorial service which is conducted on major Jewish holidays (Yizkor); those prayers make me cry even when there is not a specific reason to mourn; last night was extremely difficult. It was a Sabbath I will not forget.