I need roll help

Joined Nov 10, 2003
We are having a disagreement at my work as to how many rolls you can fit in a 9 in round pan. Is the answer 12 rolls or only 9? I am not a baker by trade, and neither are any of my employees and managers. So thanks for the assist, I really appreciate it.

Joined Aug 14, 2000
It also depends on whether or not you want them to be pull apart rolls or truly individual rolls. If you want the former I'd go with twelve. If it's the later than 9. These are guesses cuz I don't know what your dough is like.

Joined Nov 10, 2003
We are a very large operation so we use pre scaled dough pieces. it makes life a lot easier when you are doing 50-60 dozen rolls a day, we actually have a day coming up that we have to do 3,000 rolls. lots of fun.

Joined Sep 19, 2003
Sounds like a good idea, Bighatchef. You are certainly a responsible "roll" model. Although my favorite use of yeast lies elsewhere.:beer: :beer: :blush:

Joined Feb 21, 2001
Anytime I want to wake up in Manila, with a full beard, and feel my breath wheezing in and out of my chest like a rusty cutlass...I'll be right there with you.

Joined Sep 19, 2003
Brother Bighat, that was absolutely brilliant! The sheer poetry of it leaves me breathless. Have you ever considered writing children's books? Very bad and old children, that is.
As an ex-pirate, myself, I fully understand. I said that was my favorite use of yeast. I didn't say that I got to use it, though.:rolleyes:

Joined Feb 21, 2001
I'm sorry to say I didn't write that. New York Magazine used to run little snippets of things, I don't remember if it was along the lines of "It was a dark and stormy night" kind of thing, but I read the thing about waking up in Manila, and it scared me so much, what with all the blackout drinking and all, that I clipped it out and slipped it behind a picture in a frame, and when I got particularly nervous about where it was all going to end, I would take it out, read it, shiver, and think, "Well, I'm not that bad yet."
Great image though, isn't it? It's from probably 1977 or 78.

Latest posts

Top Bottom