I need help fixing my dish. Can someone help me out?

Joined Dec 26, 2020
Ok. Sooo, I put together cream cheese filling with a mixed berry gelatin compote that I'd intended to use for some mini pies. I scratched that idea due to time constraints. I've now got a base that I need to use for something but can't quite figure out what it'd be best used for. Does anyone have any ideas? It consists of cream cheese, mixed berry compote enhanced with strawberry gelatin & sugar. The cream cheese mix has cream cheese, cool whip, vanilla, powdered sugar. It's consistency is somewhat runny as you can see in the attached pic. Refrigerating it overnite didn't help much with that either. But it did thicken up a little. I thought maybe I could use it as a custard base but I'm not sure what to include or exclude in order to do that. Can someone help me figure this out? I hate to waste this.

Attachments

• IMG_0569_Moment.jpg
    IMG_0569_Moment.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 4
Joined Dec 31, 2020
I’m a complete amateure compared to a lot of people on this site, but could you use it as a doughnut filling? Maybe a Beignets like dish, and then stuff with filling? And/or use the compote mixture as a dipping sauce for the beignets?

The compote might be pretty sweet as it us, but maybe adding marshmallow fluff would thicken it up enough to make a fruit dip out if it. Use as a health(ish) desert presented with sticks for dipping (think like a fondue but clearly not a fondue type thing)?

Joined Dec 26, 2020
I’m a complete amateure compared to a lot of people on this site, but could you use it as a doughnut filling? Maybe a Beignets like dish, and then stuff with filling? And/or use the compote mixture as a dipping sauce for the beignets?

The compote might be pretty sweet as it us, but maybe adding marshmallow fluff would thicken it up enough to make a fruit dip out if it. Use as a health(ish) desert presented with sticks for dipping (think like a fondue but clearly not a fondue type thing)?
I thought of using like a donut filling. Or even for crepes. Think I’m gonna try the crepes. It’s too thick for dipping, but I did think of that too. I’d have to thin it out for that but may try it if the crepes don’t turn out. Lol. Thanks for responding.

Joined Oct 1, 2006
First thought, because of the quantity product needing usage, Parfaits or variation on an English Trifle. Anything from cookies, cake, doughnuts, pastries for the dry component. with or without the alcohol.

If you have the equip. make an ice cream.

Good luck!

Top Bottom