I need beta readers

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by iceman82, Oct 6, 2018.

1. iceman82

iceman82

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I am nearly finished with the first draft of my book and am looking for some volunteer beta readers. No rush for turnaround, the book isn't to big, about 30k words.
    The title is
    The Kitchen Survival Guide, and will include stories of my personal career and tips and tricks on how to survive the professional kitchen.

Leave a message here if you would be interested in beta reading the manuscript when it is finished ( near the end of the month ).

Thank you

2. lagom

lagom

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I would love to give it a good read and provide constructive feed back. Digital form or paper and ink? I’m open to either.

3. iceman82

iceman82

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    It will be in digital form, I will post here again and can send you the manuscript as soon as it is ready

lagom likes this.
  4. lagom

lagom

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Fantastic, looking forward to a good read.

5. sgmchef

sgmchef

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Hi iceman,

I would love to see what you wrote! I'll gladly provide a private critique...

Don't make your life suffer though, just because we want it now. NOW! LOL...

Family and work are more important than the writing thing. IMO

Take care!

6. h0tb0x

h0tb0x

Exp:
    Head Chef
    Hello Iceman,

I would like to be a beta reader as well and see and give a thought about what you wrote. Thanks a lot

7. iceman82

iceman82

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Thank you, yes, family is always more important. Don't worry, I have been writing for about a year, while working and loving the family, so not very much and not very often lol

Getting to the point that it needs to be edited , but first I need some volunteering beta reading - nothing super crazy, just read it and tell me what you think. Then maybe some tweaks and off to the editor , or I am going to just delete it if the response is not good lol! No pressure!!!

Thanks folks, I will private message you with in a month with a link to the pdf .

8. cheflayne

cheflayne

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Looking forward to it!

9. sgmchef

sgmchef

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Hi iceman82,

Everyone has their own unique views on cooking. Even if you don't get overwhelming support here, at least your family and relatives will have a permanent record of your passion! Especially since you have included some stories from experience.

I've only given thought to creating a similar document. Part story, part useful info. Maybe reading yours will provide the motivation to start one of my own.

Take care!

10. kuan

kuan Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    I will read it.

11. phaedrus

phaedrus

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Who are you callin' a Beta you cuc...oops, wrong forum.:lol::evil::rofl:

Seriously though I'd love to check it out.