I just got "Sauces" by James Peterson

Discussion in 'The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)' started by gobblygook, Oct 26, 2010.

1. gobblygook

gobblygook

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Yes, this thread is completely useless to everyone but me, but I'm so happy, I had to post.

Mine is third edition (current edition) and the color of the text is a little off-putting, being a "rust" color, to match the cover and the dust jacket.

Other than that, I got a new toy and had to share.  Just reading the ToC, I'm all excited.  Now onto diving in head first.  G'day all.

2. kyheirloomer

kyheirloomer

Exp:
    Food Writer
  3. gobblygook

gobblygook

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Come now... I got lucky with someone referring "On Food and Cooking".  I decided that I wanted my next book to be similar -- a text book of sorts.  BDL is to blame for me picking a book on sauces though because he keeps tossing out French terms and sauces and I hate being lost.  So, when I decided to buy another book, I almost posted and then this amazing thing happened.... I tried "search" and voila!  Once I found a book that several folks here seemed to agree on, then I searched for the title.  The reviews on Amazon were great because the low star reviews complained that it's not a cookbook and that it's too in-depth.   Those are the type of negative reviews I love.  I did my homework before selecting this extremely expensive (~$25) /img/vbsmilies/smilies//smile.gif book.  Now that it's arrived, I had to gloat.